Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why am I blogging....

Honestly I don't know. On May 21, 2011 at 7 o'clock in the morning I know where I will be, do you? I will be staring out into the water, looking at the end of 20-36 weeks of hard work, and the beginning of 12 hours (if I'm lucky) of spandex, sweat, and pain. When the day ends I hope to be able to call myself an Ironman, but at what cost? I understand the commitment which will be required but does my family? Today I was looking at different training plans, but no matter how you look at the task, in order to be prepared it comes down to 20-36 weeks of training, 12-19 hours per week, and 11-12 workouts per week. This doesn't take into account the rest needed to recover, the time I spend at my "regular" job, yes I do this fun, nor the time I need to spend with my 4 kids. And some where, I need to fit my wife into my life who has committed to support me in this journey.

Did I also mention that if I go with the 36 week plan, training starts on Monday September 13th!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment