Friday, September 10, 2010

Going with a 36 week plan!

I may end up regretting this decision but I have decided to go with the 36 week plan, so training starts on Sept 13! The reason behind this decision is that I would be "training" or at least s-b-r during the next few months, so I might as well add some structure to my training. General plan will be to train my weakness (swimming, I hate swimming) and train low volumn and low intensity for the first few weeks and basically start from scratch. Below is the weekly schedule outline I will be following:

The typical training week for the program is as follows, with the most significant daily session in bold.

• Monday:

Swim - moderate intensity & duration

Bike - low intensity & duration

• Tuesday:

Bike - moderate-to-high intensity, moderate duration

Run - moderate intensity, lower duration

• Wednesday:

Swim - moderate-to-high intensity, moderate duration

Bike - moderate intensity, low-to-moderate duration

• Thursday:

Swim - low intensity, long duration

Run - high intensity, moderate duration

• Friday:

Complete recovery day

• Saturday:

Bike - longest duration, moderate-to-high intensity

Run - moderate intensity & low-to-medium duration

• Sunday:

Run - longest duration, lowest intensity

Bike - short duration, low intensity

If anything this should be interesting..........

Non tri related news, my daughter Emily starts Pre-K today. Pictures to follow!

1 comment: